Weeknight Stroganoff in the Instant Pot
I’m on a roll this week, fast dinners that are quick, tasty, healthy, and easy to clean up after. Another win for the Instant Pot! I’ve converted another one of my stove top recipes into an Instant Pot recipe and it’s a “make again”!
I served this with quinoa and sauteed brussel sprouts.
Weeknight Beef Stroganoff in the Instant Pot
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 pounds of beef ( I used sirloin, use what you have)
- ¼ cup of flour
- salt and black pepper
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard or spicy mustard of your choice
- Place flour, salt and pepper in a large baggie and shake to mix. Add beef and shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Set your Instant Pot to "Sauté" setting and add oil. Add beef and brown for about 3-5 minutes. Add chopped onion and garlic and brown for about 2 minutes.
- Add beef broth and place the close up the Instant Pot. Select the "Meat/Stew" setting on the Instant Pot and set the timer for 30 minutes. Make sure the pressure release valve is in the closed position.
- When done, quick release the pressure valve, open up the lid, and add sour cream, 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard, and mushrooms. Stir and let it simmer for about 10 minutes or until the mushrooms are cooked through. Add more salt, pepper, or additional seasonings if desired and thicken the sauce with cornstarch if desired
Please like & share: