Here is an easy peasy bar to add to your holiday baking repertoire.
I use a glass baking dish for this recipe, and I like to line it with parchment to make clean up, and removal a breeze.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup pecan halves
- ⅔ cup butter, room temperature
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using your hands or pastry blender, combine flour, sugar and ½ cup butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into a 9x13" baking dish, greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Place pecan halves on base.
- Over medium heat, combine ⅔ cup butter and ½ cup sugar in saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour over pecans.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until surface is bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Return pan to oven and bake another 3-5 minutes or until chocolate chips have begun to melt. Remove from oven and spread chocolate with an offset spatula.
- Cool completely in fridge and cut into small squares.
- Freezes well.