Lunch doesn’t have to be boring….
This hits so many spots. It’s easy, light, yet satisfying and really good for you.
Some simple ingredients turn into a really yummy lunch.
I know it’s rather hard to quantify the amount of ginger used in a recipe, but this piece of ginger, once it was peeled and trimmed, weighed in at 4 ounces.
You can try this noodle bowl with any type of noodle you wish. I used buckwheat soba noodles, but rice noodles would be just as tasty.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 pound green cabbage, shredded
- 4 ounces ginger, peeled and grated
- 12 ounces shiitake mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 litres organic (preferably homemade) beef stock
- ½ cup tamari
- 1 large bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 small zucchini, sliced
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 package buckwheat soba noodles or rice noodles, cooked, drained, rinsed and tossed with sesame or grapeseed oil
- In a soup pot, add sesame oil and ginger. Begin to heat over medium until fragrant. Add cabbage, stir. Add mushrooms, and let cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add beef stock, and tamari. Simmer over medium heat until mushrooms are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add green onions, zucchini and rice wine vinegar.
- Put lid on pot and let sit 10 minutes.
- To serve, add noodles to bowl and top up with broth and veggies.