I cannot emphasise how well butternut squash and sage pair together. This is so simple, easy and delicious. I saved myself some time chopping and hit the produce department at my local grocery store for some peeled and cubed squash.
This dish is also an amazing addition to a Buddha Bowl, or warm winter salad. Double, triple or quadruple it and keep it in the fridge for delicious addition to weeknight meals.
Butternut Squash with Fresh Sage & Garlic
- 1 pound fresh butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- 2 cloves crushed or minced garlic
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 450F
- Step 2 Toss squash with oil, sage, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Step 3 Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment, and spread squash in single layer.
- Step 4 Roast for 40-45 minutes. Toss halfway through cooking.