Light, fluffy and a hint of lemon. This old family recipe is not your typical pancake.
- 4 beaten egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup milk, at room temperature
- ¼ cup water, at room temperature
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 4-5 egg whites, beaten very stiff
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine egg yolks, cornstarch, milk, water, salt, sugar and lemon rind.
- Fold whites into yolk mixture.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy 10" skillet.
- When skillet is hot, pour in pancake batter. Cook over low to medium heat, until pancake starts to set. Place in oven until puffed and firm, about 7 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with cinnamon and icing sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Please like & share: