This recipe is a wonderful example of a easy gourmet weeknight dinner. Take some cutlets, pork, chicken or veal, and a few simple ingredients, pair with a green salad and a glass of crisp white wine.
Piccata Al Limone
- 4 large veal, pork, or chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped (if large)
- 1 lemon sliced
- Step 1 Heat oil and butter in a large pan. Fry 2-3 minutes each side until golden. Season on each side with salt and pepper.
- Step 2 Remove from heat and transfer to another dish.
- Step 3 Add vermouth to pan, increase heat to high, and boil until reduced (about 3-4 tablespoons)
- Step 4 Pour stock in and boil 4-5 minutes.
- Step 5 Add lemon juice and capers. Cook, stirring 1-2 minutes.
- Step 6 Return cutlets to pan, and heat 1-2 minutes.
- Step 7 Sprinkle with parsley. Garnish with lemon slices and capers.