Charlie’s favourite!! Perfect for Sunday brunch, a welcome new twist on a classic breakfast.
Once cooked, serve with a drizzle of blender hollandaise. Delicious!
- 6 english muffins, split
- 1 pound thick cut canadian bacon, diced
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- chives to garnish if desired
- Butter a 9X13" baking dish.
- Split the english muffins in half, cube and distribute them evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Cube the bacon and sprinkle it over top of the bread.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk and season very liberally with salt and black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the bread.
- Press down on the bread to make sure that it is all submurged in the egg mixture.
- Cover with tinfoil and refrigerate overnight.
- About an hour and a half before serving, pull the casserole out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temp while the oven preheats to 350 F.
- Cook the casserole at 350F for 50 minutes to 1 hour until the egg custard has set. You may place a loose piece of tinfoil over the casserole during the last 20 minutes of baking to avoid over-browning.
- Remove from the oven and keep covered before ready to serve and slice. Top with hollandaise sauce, minced chives and paprika if desired.