‘Tis the season for cookies, cakes, and all sorts of sweets. This recipe is sure to bring back memories of childhood Christmas, or create new ones for you this year.
Of course don’t reserve this recipe just for Christmas, use seasonal cutters to load up your cookie jar.
- 3 cups butter
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon white corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- food colouring
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well until combined.
- Add flour 1 cup at a time until well mixed.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate 1 hour minimum.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Flour your surface and roll a section of dough to 1 centimetre thickness.
- Cut shapes with cookie cutters and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Let cool before decorating.
- To make icing, combine icing sugar, corn syrup, and water. Add food colouring to create desired colour. Apply icing to cookies with a paintbrush. Let dry before additional decorations are added. Let dry before storing (or eating!)