- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ground aniseed
- ¼ cup freshly grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup freshly grated orange rind
- 1½ cups chopped blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter, sugar & vanilla together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a seperate mixing bowl. Gently add flour mixture to butter mixture, about a ¼ at a time. Mix to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Divide dough into 4 and shape into logs. Place each log on a parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten the top slightly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and cut each roll into slices approximately ¾ inch thick. Place each slice cut side down on baking sheet. Return to oven and bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
Please like & share: