This is my most favourite Mussel recipe ever.
This is a great light meal when served with some fresh french bread and a garden salad.
Mussels in a Tomato Caper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 minced shallots
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 cans of tomatoes and juice, 398 ml each
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound mussels, cleaned and debearded
- freshly chopped parsley
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Swirl olive oil into melted butter. Cook garlic, shallots, and capers in oil and butter until shallots are translucent, about 5 minutes. Mix in tomato sauce, salt and oregano.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add mussels to the pan and cover tightly. Raise heat to medium-high and cook until all mussels have opened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, garnish with chopped fresh parsley to serve. Discard any unopened mussels.
Please like & share: