Don’t mistake simplicity for a lack of elegance in this recipe. A few quality ingredients, basic cooking technique, and you have an amazingly flavourful dish. The tang of blue cheese is softened into a beautiful cream sauce, which is spiked with a generous dash of freshly ground black pepper.
Linguine with Blue Cheese Sauce
- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 100 grams blue cheese crumbled, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- dried chives for garnish
- Step 1 Crumble cheese and combine with cream and pepper.
- Step 2 Drain cooked pasta and place in a shallow pan.
- Step 3 Add cheese mixture, and cook just until heated through, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Step 4 Serve hot, garnished with dried chives.
Did I happen to mention that any leftovers, when heated with an additional bit of heavy cream is a most welcome dish to have the next day.