Instant Pot Sloppy Joes
I know I’m the only one who forgot to take something out of the freezer for dinner tonight. 3:00 hit and as I was on my way to pick up my son, I racked my brain for something quick and easy.
It hit me. Sloppy Joes. Instant Pot Style.
Turn on your instant pot, add veggies, and frozen meat, yes that’s right FROZEN, and about 20 minutes later…you have dinner. Made in ONE pot.
I think I’m in love with my Instant Pot.
Chop up some onion, and peppers.
Add to the pot.
These “fire roasted” tomatoes have more flavour than regular canned tomatoes.
And this was it for clean up!
- 2 pounds of thawed or frozen ground beef
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large chopped sweet onion
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup quick oats
- 1-796 ml can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1-156 ml can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard
- Turn your instant pot on saute and add coconut oil.
- Add ground beef and if frozen, brown on both sides, 5-7 minutes per side. To the pot, pushing beef aside, add onions, peppers, and saute until the veggies are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, tomatoes, tomato paste, water and stir. If the frozen beef has softened, break it up into chunks and combine. Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure very slowly.
- Break up any remaining chunks of meat, turn pot onto saute and combine, stirring.
- Let stand for an additional 5 minutes to thicken before serving.