Instant Pot Garlic Soup
Garlic lovers unite!
This soup may just rival Homemade Chicken Soup as “the Cure” for whatever ails you. It’s flavour is mild, and is delicious on its own or paired with a grilled sandwich or even topped with homemade croutons.
In the past, I’ve substituted homemade vegetable stock for the chicken it calls for and coconut cream for the half and half with equally delicious results.
- ¼ cup butter
- 6 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 3 heads of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup half and half cream
- In your Instant Pot, on Saute setting, melt butter. Add onions and garlic and saute 3-5 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot.
- Add cumin, mustard, salt, and stock.
- Secure lid, set pot to high pressure, and time for 30 minutes.
- Use quick release method when done, and remove lid.
- Stir in cream. Serve immediately.