Quick, delicious and nutritious. Easy enough to make for lunch, and elegant enough to serve for dinner.
I added cooked rice pasta to make a delicious noodle soup for dinner.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 crushed clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 litre organic beef stock
- 2-796 ml cans diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup cream
- salt and pepper
- goat cheese
- In medium saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic and tomato paste, stirring while you cook for 1 minute. Add thyme, broth and tomatoes with their juices, breaking them up with your spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium low for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and puree.
- Add cream. Stir to combine.
- Top with goat cheese crumbles to serve.