Making homemade whipped cream isn’t rocket science, but there are a few tips that help to make it just right.
Using homemade whipped cream in your desserts transforms them from good to unbelievable. I just made an Eclair Cake with homemade whipped cream. Top your coffee with it, pound cake, hot cocoa, the list can go on and on.
Here are some tips to help you make sweet whip at home.
1) Chill your bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10 minutes or so. It really helps the cream whip up fast.
2) Don’t overwhip your cream. There’s about 30 seconds there when your cream will go from soft peaks to thick and butter like. You have to watch closely so that you don’t get the curdly stuff.
Fruit and fresh homemade cream is a fabulous light dessert for the summer.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons white sugar or ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place cream and sugar in a chilled mixing bowl and mix on high for 1-2 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat for an additional 1-2 minutes or until soft peaks have formed. Don't whip too much or you will end up will cottage cheese looking whipped cream.