To bun or not to bun, that is the question.
However you choose to serve these, make sure to whip up some homemade tartar sauce to go with these lovely cod cakes as well.
- 1 lb cod filets, finely ground in food processor
- half and half cream
- 1 egg
- 1 medium Onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Bread Crumbs
- 1 lemon
- Salt, Pepper
- Oil and Butter for frying
- Soak the bread cubes in milk or cream. Once the bread has absorbed the liquid, squeeze out excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, combine ground fish, onions, parsley, chives, bread, egg, salt, and pepper. Mix until a mass forms and the mixture holds together. If the mixture is too moist, add some bread crumbs to help it hold together. Form mixture into thick, round patties.
- Over medium heat,
- Serve with lemon wedges and homemade tartar sauce.