Skip the take-out and try this super easy, homemade creamy butter chicken made right in your crockpot – it has less calories and tastes a million times better!
Now this is a super simple crockpot dish. Easy peasy, right? Totally. You can let it cook low and slow for 6 hours, leaving you to come home to the most fragrant, most flavorful and creamy butter chicken.
Making this Easy Crock-Pot Butter Chicken takes a little prep time, but once the prep is done, you let the Crock-Pot do its magic.
This is so simple you will probably be making this dish over and over again.
Serve it with basmati rice, quinoa, pappadum or samosa.
You won’t be disappointed.
- 7 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 2 generous tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 oz) full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl combine coconut milk, Greek yogurt, and heavy cream. Stir in tomato paste, garlic, ginger, and all the spices.
- Grease the inside of the Crock-Pot with olive oil.
- Add chopped onion at the bottom, then chicken pieces, and then pour coconut milk mixture over it. Add butter in dollops, cover with a lid, and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.