Here’s another easy recipe to add to your Saturday morning menu. It’s very similar to a popover, just sweeter, but not overly. Really yummy.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the melted butter into a 10-inch cast iron skillet and place in the oven. Heat cast iron pan for 10 minutes. Set the remaining tablespoon of melted butter aside to cool slightly.
- Place the flour, vanilla sugar, salt, milk, eggs and remaining tablespoon of melted butter into a mixing bowl, using a stick blender blend for about 30 seconds. Pour the batter into the preheated skillet. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the edges are puffed and brown. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve with lemon wedges and maple syrup.
Sprinkle with icing sugar or enjoy topped with fresh fruit.