Devilled eggs are a classic go-to appetizer when I entertain. No family gathering is complete without these.
Of course it goes without saying that you should use the freshest eggs you can, and homemade mayo. Stop buying that stuff in the store and whip up a batch of your own.
- 10 hard cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- ½ cup homemade mayo
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Scoop out the yolks of each egg and set aside.
- Arrange the whites on a platter.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, blend together the yolks, mayo, and butter until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Put the yolk mixture in a piping bag, and pipe the mixture into the halved whites. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with paprika before serving.