Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
- 5 pounds fresh tomatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 head garlic, cloves seperated and peeled
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
- 2 sweet onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 8 cups beef stock
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ cup half and half cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place halved tomatoes cut side up on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Slice garlic cloves in half, and place on top of tomatoes. Liberally drizzle 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil over top. Sprinkle with approximately ½ tablespoon of salt. Set aside.
- On another baking sheet, lined with parchment, arrange onion, celery and peppers. Drizzle with remaining oil and sprinkle with remaining salt.
- Place in the preheated oven and roast for 45-60 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables to a large soup pot, make sure to include juices. Add tomato paste, stock and thyme. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat and blend until smooth using immersion blender or Vitamix. Return to pot and add cream. Stir to combine.
- Serve topped with parmesan petals or crumbled goat cheese.
Please like & share: