A delicious weekend breakfast treat.
Cottage Cheese Butterhorns
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- Beat butter and sugar until blended
- combine flour and salt, gradually beat into butter mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until dough is easy to handle.
- Divide dough into thirds
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 10 inch circle. Cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from the wide ends and place point side down 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks in baking sheets.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the icing sugar, vanilla and water. Drizzle over rolls.
Please like & share: