This is essentially an eclair in cake form. Pure delish. Be prepared to not have any left over.
Chocolate Eclair Cake
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 large box (5.1 ounces) vanilla instant pudding
- one batch of homemade whipped cream
- homemade chocolate sauce
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly grease a 9"X13" glass baking pan.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter in water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in flour. Mix in one egg at a time, mixing completely before adding another egg.
- Spread mixture into pan, covering the bottom and sides evenly. Mixture will be very moist. If the sides of your pan are too greased you won't be able to get the mixture to stay up the sides so be sure to lightly grease.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Check occasionally while baking. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Whip cream cheese in a medium bowl. In separate bowl make vanilla pudding by beating the pudding mix and the milk for 3 minutes and put in the fridge until set. Make sure pudding is thick before mixing in with cream cheese. Slowly add pudding to cream cheese, mixing until there are no lumps. Let cool in fridge.When the crust is completely cooled, pour filling in. Top with layer of whipping cream. Serve with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Please like & share: