These are perfect for holiday parties, and really easy to put together for a large crowd.
This is also one of my favourite snacks to take to the beach.
- Tomato & Mozzarella Caprese Skewers
- Makes about 16
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ¾ ounce fresh basil
- 4 ounces ciliegine (cherry-sized) mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon pesto, optional
- 1 to 3 teaspoons olive oil, optional
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and dry the tomatoes. Fold a large basil leaf around the tomato, then spear on a 4-inch-long skewer or toothpick. Add a mozzarella ball to the toothpick. Repeat.
- If desired, whisk the pesto with enough olive oil to form a thin sauce, and drizzle over the skewers. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over them.