Don’t settle for plain white rice when you can serve Coconut-Ginger Rice. This side dish is full of flavor thanks to fragrant basmati rice, fresh ginger & coconut milk.
- 2 cups brown Basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 2 generous tablespoons grated ginger
- Place rice in a fine strainer, and rinse with cold water until water runs clear. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add ginger. Stir.
- Add rice. Stir rice and ginger, letting the rice turn golden.
- Add coconut milk, water and salt. Cover, and place over medium-high heat. Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and rice is tender, about 15 -20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add a little more coconut milk if rice is too dry. Season to taste with salt. Serve.
Serve with Easy Crockpot Butter Chicken.